Posted in GUI, Items, Zombox on December 17th, 2011 by Tyson Ibele
This week I added several new things to Zombox:
- it now has an XP system, that allows the player to upgrade his/her character. XP is earned by killing zombies.
- it now has various healing items that can be collected. Pills, medkits, syringes, bandaids, etc.
- the inventory GUI has been updated to display ammo counters for the five types of collectible ammo in the game.
- ammo items can be collected from around the world, each containing various amounts of ammo for a particular ammo type
- swinging doors will now knock clumsy zombies out of the way
Here are some .gif animations showcasing the leveling system and healing abilities, and an image showing the new inventory GUI layout:
Posted in Items, Procedural world, Zombox on December 10th, 2011 by Tyson Ibele
So I wasn’t able to post an update last week due to a busy schedule, but I’m back on track this week.
I’ve fixed lots of bugs and tweaked lots of minor things in the game in the past few days, and many new features have been added:
- the environment now features broken bridges, dead ends, and various fences placed between buildings to block travel
- many new scavengable items have been added to the world, including rotten/fresh food types and ripped/clean clothing types. Both clothing and food will offer the player different stat perks and bonuses
- To feed your character, you just have to drag food/drink over to him in the inventory panel. Animations have been added so that the character eats/drinks what you give him
- stats are now displayed numerically in the inventory window
- the hit points of all props in the world have been better adjusted, so things don’t break as easily
- the remaining hit points of props and zombies are now displayed momentarily in-game after they receive damage
- when the player is hurt, his icon in the top right corner of the screen gets bloody, and so does his in-game body
Here are some images illustrating the features mentioned above: