So a huge amount of time has passed since the last update.
The good news is that a ton of stuff has been added to the game, and I’ve been working on it harder than ever…I just haven’t posted any updates because I’ve been focusing on getting a playable version of the game ready for beta testing. I’m also knee deep in reworking the NPC/story AI, and want to hold off on posting any real updates until the NPCs are done….since they’re the biggest hurdle left in the game’s development.
However, here’s some stuff that I’ve done since the last time I posted:
- I’ve added a character upgrade that allows you to pick up, carry and throw zombies
- there’s a fast-travel subway system you can unlock throughout the world to travel quickly around the map
- on-screen indicators alert you to nearby hideouts and landmarks
- many buildings now have basements you can explore
- there are 4 new hero zombie types, each with special attacks and much higher difficulty
- a new achievement system was added with 90+ unlockable achievements
- the Zombox world map has been expanded to be nearly twice as big as before, with tons of new areas, islands, etc
- crafting system improved: you can build bridges over water, you can build doors into empty doorways, etc
- craftable structures must now be constructed from the ground-up, after placing them in the world
- the original book-reading system for unlocking new crafts has been improved
- structures that require power now indicate visually – through animated electricity textures – whether they are functional
- new craftable tesla coil trap zaps nearby enemies with electricity
- save data is now much more efficient – save files are 5x smaller than before, on average
- items dropped on the ground are now saved to the location they are dropped at, so they won’t disappear when you walk away
- bombs/molotovs/etc you throw now have an on-screen indicator showing direction of throw, as well as time until detonation
As you can see, I’ve been busy! Once the NPC/story AI gets closer to completion, I’ll post some images and videos of the things listed above so you can see them all in action.